Crystal Programming Language
Welcome to the language reference for the Crystal programming language!
Crystal is a programming language with the following goals:
- Have a syntax similar to Ruby (but compatibility with it is not a goal).
- Be statically type-checked, but without having to specify the type of variables or method arguments.
- Be able to call C code by writing bindings to it in Crystal.
- Have compile-time evaluation and generation of code, to avoid boilerplate code.
- Compile to efficient native code.
From here, you can jump to anywhere you want in this document. Although, if you are new to the Crystal Language, we suggest that you continue reading the Getting started section.
Crystal's standard library is documented in the API docs.